You might think its only people in higher officers who are corrupt but what you do in your daily life could also make you corrupt and once you occupy a higher position, you will act as the corrupt officers you used to criticize. Take a look at these, if you are found guilty of any, then start working on yourself.
– If you usually put more sugar in your tea when in a hotel than you do at home, You’re likely to be corrupt?
– If you use more tissue in a public washroom than you do at home, you are a potential thief if given opportunity.
– If you serve yourself more food that you can finish just because someone else is footing the bill, you’re greedy.
– If you usually jump queues, you have potential for abusing office if given a powerful position.
– If you are more concerned about knowing someone’s surname rather than first name, you’re likely to be a tribal bigot. Its even worse when someone tells you their name & then you ask, “which tribe is that?”
– If you usually overlap while in traffic jam or have no regard for traffic lights, then you would easily embezzle public funds if you’re given a position at a public office since you hate regulation .
– If you channel waste or dirty water from your compound to a neighbour’s compound rather than managing it, you’re ill-mannered.
If you look at this post and wonder whether it was really necessary to talk about these issues; then you are very dishonest and you would easily cover up ills in the society for your own benefit.
Let us try to be people of character wherever we find ourselves.