What’s wrong with sitting?
The effects of spending too much time in a chair are manifold. Electrical activity in leg muscles shuts down; your body effectively stops burning calories; enzymes that break down fat drop by 90 percent according scientist; etc.
The real problem is that even after a long working day, many people continue spending their free time in front of a screen, watching TV, playing video games, browsing the Internet or chatting with friends online.
But the reality is that you probably have a traditional desk and swivel chair. Your options are limited.
What can you do? Here are some ways to improve your ergonomics both at work and at home:
1. Standing when you use your phone (or use a cordless handset or headset so you can move around even more)
2. Moving your rubbish bin/printer further away from your desk so you need to get off your chair to access them
3. Taking the stairs instead of the lifts between floors
4. Walking to a colleague to talk to them instead of sending an email
5. Getting up to move around for few minutes or so every hour
Get Your News on Wundef.com
Send us your business and entrepreneurship stories/news and articles to firstname.lastname@example.org or through whatsapp, +233247516850.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel, Like our Facebook Page
And also follow us on Twitter