The editing capability on WhatsApp is time-limited. Users can edit their messages in personal and group chats for a 15-minute duration.
Below are the steps to enable you to edit your WhatsApp messages after sending them.
- Long press on a message that has already been sent, which needs to be edited.
- On the drop-down menu that opens, select or tap on ‘edit’
- This will open a floating text editor in front of you, where you can rectify a message that you have sent already.
- Tap on ‘confirm’ to save the edited message
- An ‘edited’ tag will appear below your message, confirming that your changes have been saved.