Deadline: March 23, 2020
Applications are open for the Institute of International Education’s Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF) Fellowship 2020. The IIE-SRF is the only global program that arranges and funds fellowships for threatened and displaced scholars at partnering higher education institutions worldwide.
These year-long fellowships support temporary academic positions at institutions of higher learning anywhere in the world where IIE-SRF fellows can continue their work in safety. In most cases, IIE-SRF fellows are eligible to apply for a second and final year of fellowship support.
- The IIE-SRF fellowship award includes a grant of up to US$25,000, along with individual health insurance, to support a visiting academic appointment of up to one year (renewable for a second year).
- The final fellowship amount is dependent upon several factors, including the location of the host institution, the cost of living, and the value of any additional contributions from the host institution of other source(s).
- IIE-SRF accepts applications from professors, researchers, and public intellectuals who face threats and cannot continue their work in their home countries.
- Scholars from any country and in any academic field or discipline may qualify.
- Preference is given to scholars who:
- hold a Ph.D. or highest degree in their field and have significant teaching and/or research experience at a university, college, or other institution of higher learning;
- have an established record of published research;
- demonstrate superior academic accomplishment or promise;
- are facing or have recently fled from immediate, targeted threats to their lives and/or careers in their home countries or countries of residence;
- will benefit their home and/or host academic communities.
Applicants are assessed based on academic qualifications and experience, the quality and/or potential of their work, and the urgency of the threats that they face.
Scholars can apply by sending the required application materials to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. In cases where a scholar is unable to submit the application, a third party may send the materials on their behalf.
The required application materials include:
- Application coversheet
- Current CV or resume. Please be sure your CV includes the following information:
- Academic degrees (degree-granting institution, field, and date of degree award);
- Current position (location, dates of employment, professional title, and responsibilities);
- Previous academic positions (in chronological order, including location, dates of employment, professional title, and responsibilities);
- A detailed list of your academic publications (journal articles, books, chapters, exhibitions, etc.) including full citations with the name of publication, authors, title of work, date of publication, and page numbers, if possible;
- Other relevant academic work (including supervision of master’s and Ph.D. theses, conference presentations, grants/honors/awards, professional affiliations, etc.).
- Academic statement
- Personal statement
- Reference letters
- A copy of your Ph.D. or highest degree
- Samples of your most current research publications
If you have already secured a commitment from a university or other institution to host your fellowship, provide a letter from the host indicating their intent to host, if you are awarded. Note that this is not a requirement.
To begin assessing an application, IIE-SRF must receive the application coversheet, a current CV, academic statement, and personal statement. The remaining materials may be sent at a later time.
Note that all application materials submitted to IIE-SRF must be original and unique to an applicant’s particular academic background and circumstances. IIE-SRF will not accept academic or personal statements that share identical language with the statements of other applicants to IIE-SRF. Any language or background information borrowed from the internet or other outside source should be cited to credit the original source.
Submit all application materials via email to email@example.com. If you do not have access to email, you may send your materials via fax or post.
Scholar Rescue Fund
Institute of International Education
809 United Nations Plaza
New York, New York 10017-3580
Get Your News on Wundef.com
Send us your stories/news and articles to firstname.lastname@example.org or through whatsapp, +233247516850.