Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka is a mysterious but great man to have surfaced on the earth. He is a preacher, inventor, innovator, Physicist, Chemist, Biologist, agriculturalist, philanthropist and the Star of Africa. He is the world’s greatest multi-dimentional scientist and technologist of all times and has carried out the greatest philanthropic activity in Ghana. He funds all these exercises with revenue from his numerous investments.
He is also the founder of the Kristo Asafo church, Great KOSA network of companies and many other institutions. His mission is to redeem Africa from bondage.
- First African to manufacture engines, vehicles, aircrafts and heavy-duty machines (he did so manually).
- First man in the world who manufactured Bass guitars with seven strings
- The manufacturer of gadgets and machines with extra-ordinary features.
- Only man on earth capable of producing metals from sea shells and palm husk making metals renewable.
- Only individual on earth who practically cuts across the length and breadth of invention and innovative science.
- Most mysterious man on earth. It is practically impossible to comprehend his level of wisdom.
He has won several awards from reputable institutions.
Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo Kantanka was born on 26th August 1948 at Bekwai in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. As a child, he had deep passion for science and technology. After closing from school, he would quickly do his home work and rush to the farm to get sticks for designing cars, helicopters, planes, etc. He designed machines and automobiles that had never been seen in the town.
The level of wisdom displayed by the young Kwadwo Safo Kantanka through his speech and handicrafts astonished lots of people. This earned him great respect from the community including the youth and the elderly.
Apart from his deep interest in studying nature, he loved sports. He was a very good footballer, musician and dancer. It is therefore not surprising that he started manufacturing musical instruments at the early part of his life.
After basic school, he attended the Ghana Technical Works Institute in Kumasi. He thereafter had a three-year stint as a welder at the Volta Aluminum Company (VALCO).
Founding of Kristo Asafo
On the 3rd of February 1971, he founded his church, Kristo Asafo (Christ Reformed Church). The infant Kristo Asafo faced some
economic challenges. To solve these, Apostle Safo Kantanka embarked on preparing soaps that cured skin diseases. Many were amazed to see a man of God roaming through towns and villages with soap on his head and advertising with his mouth to attract customers.
This made some people to question his legitimacy of being a man of God but Apostle Safo Kantanka was not bordered about this. He knew he was a great man and had a special mission to accomplish on earth but it was just a matter of time.
He also embarked on selling cooking oil and foodstuff, farming, fishing and many other trades and entrepreneurial ventures. He did all these alongside the preaching of the gospel.
From this humble beginning, it appeared to lots of people as a shock when they saw him donating the little he had to the poor and needy in society. He also manually dug wells for villages and communities to aid them obtain good drinking water. All these were done wholeheartedly and free of charge.
Apostle Kwadwo Safo Kantanka and his Kristo Asafo were synonymous to philanthropy. In 1980, Apostle Kwadwo Safo Kantanka began organising annual charity shows where lots of food stuff from his farms, clothing and other items were distributed to the poor and needed in society. He also exhibited some of his inventions and innovations on such shows. In the year 2013 he organised the 33rd annual edition of the said show. Apostle Dr Safo Kantanka and the Kristo Asafo are famous for philanthropy and service to the needy in society.
The Kristo Asafo started as a church in Accra New town without any branch. Today, the Kristo Asafo has 137 branches in Ghana and other international branches in Verona (Italy), London (United Kingdom) and the United States.
The Kristo Asafo (Christ reformed Church), apart from its believe in the trinity, also believe that the infinite intelligence that God has given to mankind is not limited to one race and that by hard work and perseverance through science and technology as demonstrated by its visionary leader, Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka, Africa will be redeemed.
Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka is a patriotic African and strong believer in the creation of wealth within the borders of each country rather than relying on foreign assistance. For him, no empowerment is as effective as self-empowerment.
He believes that the Blackman is capable of managing his own affairs. Hard work and perseverance are his most cherished words. He teaches that, the way to success is identifying talents, improving on them and applying same to the benefit of society.
He believes that God created everyone in his own image; therefore, everyone is created for a purpose and has equal capabilities and abilities to redirect his/her destiny.
The challenge then is for Africans to identify that purpose and apply their abilities to the freedom of the continent and to the glory of God.
His mission is to empower Africa through the application of science and technology to uplift the sunken image of the African continent and make it economically independent.
Civilization started from Africa but currently, Africa is lagging behind in technology and so many things. Africa is seen by some as a continent of darkness and it’s been associated with inferiority. Apostle Safo aims to restore the lost glory of this mighty continent.
“My mission is to redeem Africa” – Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka
Aircrafts, Automobiles and Machines
As a musical enthusiast, Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka started with the manufacturing of Electrical Drums with brain units, Loud Speakers, Professional Mixing Console, Amplifiers, Pre-Amps and Seven-Stringed Bass Guitars (the first of its kind in the world at the time).
He then moved to the manufacture of Sewing and Embroidery Machines, corn mills, combine harvesters, solar tunnels, anti-gravity devices, multi-purpose mobile Block Molding Machine capable of producing 16 to 18 blocks at a time, human sensor televisions, and many more.
He manufactured his first automobile “Kantanka Saloon” in 1998 and a Cross Country four- wheel Drive “Kantanka Onantefo I” in 2006.
In June 2007, he released an advanced model of the kantanka Onantefo -“the Kantanka Onantefo II” which was, like all his cars, driven throughout most parts of the country for testing.
On 30th December 2007, Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo Kantanka outdoor a 26 feet long Limo styled Cross Country vehicle – “Kantanka Obrempon” at the church’s 27th Annual Charity & Technology Fair at Awoshie in Accra, Ghana. He on the same day launched an Excavator. All his products are made of local materials.
He also brought to the public scene the Kantanka jet, an air-conditioned four seater aircraft, he had manufactured.
In 2012, he launched a sports utility vehicle, “Kantanka Nsoromma” which is powered by a shirt. In the same year, he outdoor another 4X4 vehicle, “Kantanka Daasebre”, which is powered and steering-controlled by a wrist watch.
That same year, he outdoor a solar-powered non-engine saloon car, “Kantanka Odeneho”.
In 2013, he unveiled Kantanka Otumfo , a four-wheel drive that is ignited with a walking stick; Kantanka Odeneho II, an upgraded version of Kantanka Odeneho I; KTK 02, a defensive helicopter; Kantanka passenger airliner; Kantanka Bazookas etc.
In 2014, he has released Kantanka Onantefo III and Kantanka pickups (commercialisation begins by end of 2014. Click here to find out more).
He has also manufactured varieties of industrial machinery including Weed Slashers, Street garbage Collectors, Spot Welding Machines, Automated Human Sensor WCs and Taps, cranes, medical and industrial robots capable of responding to programmed commands, rockets, missile launchers, incubators, armoured cars, radio consoles, and many more.
Another overwhelming ingenuity of Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo Kantanka is his
creative ability to convert sea shells and husk of palm fruits into metals which he uses for manufacturing some of his products such as the engine of the Kantanka Jet.
Click here for the list of some of his inventions and innovations.
Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo has also done a magnificent job in the area of plant medicine. He has developed enticing modern forms of administration of plant medicine making it more attractive to people.
The Great KOSA tea bags, syrups, tablets, injectables, balms, creams, infusions etc which are used for the treatment of acute and chronic diseases are all part of his repertoire.
He has been able to cure diseases which have been tag “incurable” by the world’s “best brains” in the health profession.
Aside health, he has also revived the natural preservation of food using plants and herbs.
In addition to developing herbal prescriptions for the treatment of animal diseases, Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo Kantanka uses natural plants in boosting the reproductive potentials of animals such as rabbits, goats, sheep and cattle. He has been able to increase the birth rate of domestic animals by over 400%. The plant extracts he uses in such ventures are extracts from leaves, stems, roots, seeds and fruits.
Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo is also into naturopathy, agriculture, construction, spraying/painting, etc.
He is also the brain behind all the architectural designs of his homes, offices, schools etc.
At Gomoa Mpota in the Central Region of Ghana, he and the team of researchers he has trained are working tirelessly in all fields of science and technology.
He is currently constructing facilities which will be the epicenter of Research and Development of his real mission ‘the Redemption of Africa’ on his one hundred and eleven (111) acre land stretch at Gomoa Mpota in the Central Region of Ghana.
On that same stretch, he aims to build the African University of Technology.
Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo Kantanka also manifests the principles used by men of God in his technological prowess. Few examples include the following:
1. In a popular Bible narration, Moses used a walking stick to split the red sea open. This action based on God’s instructions, was to pave way for the Israelites to escape from Egypt (Exodus 14: 15 – 22). Based on this, Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo manufactured a 4-wheel drive, Kantanka Otumfuo, that is ignited by a walking stick!
Moreover, Moses achieved his objective of splitting the red sea by pointing his walking stick at it; The Kantanka Otumfuo is also started by pointing a walking stick at it.
2. Joseph was able to store food during 7 years of plenty harvest and 7 years of famine, making it 14 years in all, but the food did not go bad (Genesis 41:1 to 57). Similarly, Jacob, the son of Isaac, used plants to cause sheep and goats to breed streaked, speckled and spotted young ones ( Genesis 30:25 to 41).
In the same light, the Star of Africa uses natural plants extracts to preserve his farm produce. He has also used plants extracts to increase the reproductive potential of rabbits, goats, sheep and cattle by over 400%.
3. During creation, God breathed into Adam and he became a living soul. Gaining inspiration from this, Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo manufactured Televisions, Sound systems, air-conditioners and many other gadgets that are powered by human breath. Breathe on them and they are turned on.
The Apostle also looks around him and transforms what he observes into technological gadgets and machines. Practical examples include the following:
1. During the commissioning of Flagstaff house ( official residence of Ghana’s president) which was telecast, remote controls were used to open the curtains.
Upon seeing this, Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo Kantanka decided to manufacture curtains that will be opened and closed with hand clapping. The name of this real-life inspired innovation is Kantanka Curtains. Just clap twice and the curtains will open (if they are closed) or close (if they are already opened).
2. As Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo Kantanka drives to work each day, he sees men and women laboriously sweeping the streets to keep them clean. He therefore manufactured the Kantanka street sweeper and garbage collector. This machine was purposefully made to make such work easier. It is a vehicle which sweeps and collects garbage from the street.
3. When two friends are parting, one would usually wave the other good-bye. Based on this, Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo
Kantanka manufactured television, air-conditioners, home theatres and other gadgets are turned off by waving at them. When you are going to bed or want to turn them off, just wave them good-bye like you will do to a friend when parting, and they will go off.
4. When you want to call a friend who is quite a seeing-distance from you, you may decide to clap or whistle to draw his/her attention. Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo manufactured televisions, sound systems, air-conditioners and other gadgets that are powered by this theory. You clap twice, and the gadgets are turned on.
Additionally, with the Kantanka televisions, clapping once changes the channel and clapping continuously with increasing or decreasing pitch increases or decreases the volume respectively. In the case of the Kantanka air-conditioners, clapping continuously with increasing or decreasing pitch increases or decreases the coolness of the breeze.
Sanitary problems in Africa and their affiliated diseases are also a cause of worry to the Apostle. After using the Kantanka Water Closet, clap or whistle and it will flush by itself. The water closet also voices in spoken words (in Twi, a widely spoke Ghanaian language) to inform you of what to do when you need water from the Kantanka taps for washing your hands or the Kantanka dryerfor drying your hands. You are not to touch anything in the wash room since the gadgets themselves will have recommended instructions on what you are to do.
5. In efforts to curb the increasing statistics of road accidents, the Star of Africa’s cars alert pedestrians in spoken words when they are reversing. They also alert the driver in cool speech to check the water, oil, brake fluid, tyres etc before embarking on each journey.
Furthermore, some of the Kantanka vehicles (the Kantanka Obrempong II for example) will not move if the driver does not put on his seat belt; if the driver is drunk or wearing sandals instead of shoes, etc. The Kantanka cars also have in-built Kantanka CCTVs for seeing far ahead of the road on Kantanka monitors.
Please visit List of inventions on this website to know more.
Service to Mankind
One of the motto of Kristo Asafo is “Service to mankind is service to God.” One will not be wrong if he said that the hobby of
Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka is generosity and benevolence. He has carried out the greatest philanthropic activity in Ghana.
At a youthful age, Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka began caring for people with the little he had. From the very onset of the Kristo Asafo, he continued this passion.
Some of his philanthropic gestures include: single-handedly feeding some of the stranded Ghanaian returnees from Nigeria in 1983 amidst bush fire and famine that ravaged the country at that time, caring for the Liberian refugees in Ghana during their times of affliction, etc.
During 1983 when Ghana was under the mercy of famine, Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka fed many people. He also demonstrated to them how 26 kinds of different food could be prepared with maize.
Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka has also donated buses, food stuff, Cash and other items to many children homes and orphanages in the country such as the Tamale children’s home etc. The Osu children’s Home for example, has been receiving regular donations from Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo Kantanka from 1979 till now.
The Royale Child Foundation Orphanage and Shalom Special School for the mentally handicapped at Nkoranza have all benefited from Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo Kantanka’s donations. These are just few examples.
Many educational institutions such as Universities, Polytechnics,Training colleges, Vocational, Technical, Senior High and Basic Schools have all benefited from his benevolence. The University of Ghana for example, receives huge donations from him towards the building of hostels and major infrastructures.
He also sponsors the education of many Ghanaians in diverse ways. One example of such ways is the Kantanka Excellence Awards. This is a full scholarship scheme. It covers tuition fees, accommodation fees, living and book allowances. Many Junior and Senior High School graduates as well as undergraduates and post graduates have all benefited from this scholarship scheme.
He also teaches people entrepreneurial skills and go to the extend of giving them the needed capital to begin their own businesses.
Additionally, at the end of each year, Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka organises annual parties for the physically challenged across the length and breadth of the country and distributes food, drinks, cloth (kente, wax prints etc), tricycles and huge sums of money to them as capital to start trade.
He is therefore referred to as the father of the needy and physically challenged.
There are also so many Ghanaians staying in rent-free houses built by Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka.
He has also embarked on a campaign for good drinking water across the country and beyond. Through the bore hole drilling company of his Great KOSA conglomerate, he has dug wells free of charge for many communities in Ghana, Togo, Liberia and many other African countries.
In spite of his enormous contribution to society, he keeps emphasizing the fact that “philanthropyis not my mission on earth. “My mission is to redeem Africa.”
Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka is a special Man of God. He preaches the gospel and performs miracles within and outside the congregation of his church. From healing the sick; raising the dead; commanding the ground to split open for water and Tilapia to emerge and form a fish pond (at Adansie in Ashanti Region) and many other wonders beyond the scope of this text, he reminds people that “miracle is not my mission on earth”.
Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka is a man of few words and an optimist. As industrious and business minded as he is, he has invested in many businesses including the following:
Great KOSA Company Limited: This is a conglomerate involved in inventions, innovations and other activities. It has various divisions and sub-divisions such as the Foundry and Pattern Development division, Plant Medicine division, Building and Construction division, Mechanical and Automobile division, Radio and Transmission division, Electricals and electronics division etc.
Kantanka Automobile Company : The company is set to begin commercial production of locally manufactured automobiles this year (2014).
Great KOSA Clinic: The Great KOSA Clinic was established in 1987 to respond to the health needs of the society and to treat chronic, acute and common diseases using African healing methods in a modern clinical environment. It has branches in Accra, Kumasi etc. They have treatment for malaria, typhoid fever, hernia, ulcer, rheumatoid arthritis, convulsions, diabetes, hypertension, hypotension, infertility, asthma, tuberculosis, anaemia, onchocerciasis, malfunctioning kidneys, lung diseases, fibroid, piles, cancer, jaundice, hepatitis, general body weakness, etc
Modern KOSA Company Limited: Modern KOSA Company Limited is the construction wing of the Great KOSA family of
companies. They are into the building of roads, bridges, dams, houses etc.
Modern KOSA Quarry Ltd: They are into sale of all quarry products.
Great Imperial Company Limited: This is a transport company. They operate within Ghana, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Togo and Ivory Coast. The company has plans underway to spread its wings to cover all West African countries.
The company has won many awards from reputable institutions such as the National Road Safety Commission. The wards include: the overall National Best Transport Organisation for the year 2011, best Regional Transporter of the Year 2013 etc.
Imperial Nail Manufacturing Co. Ltd : They are into manufacturing and sale of different types of nails, nail wires, bolts and nuts and other accessories.
Kristo Asafo Schools: The Kristo Asafo schools are wide-spread across the length and breadth of the country from Crèche to
Senior High School, Vocational and technical schools etc. Most notable among the schools is the Apostle Safo School of Arts and Sciences (Great ASSAS) at Awoshie and the Apostle Safo School of Architecture at Accra Newtown.
Safo Nyame Cold stores: They deal in frozen foods. It has branches in Tema, Kumasi and other towns. It was established in 1999.
Great KOSA Vision: It was established in 1997 as a media wing of the Great KOSA Conglomerate. They are into providing video coverage for ceremonies, video editing, graphic designing etc.
Their profile includes:
- coverage and production of entertainment programs like Mmaa Nkomo talk show program, Agro of GTV fame, It Takes 2, Taxi Driver, Things We do for Love, Frytol Women Digest etc
- Filming, editing and dubbing of Efiewura and Kejetia TV series
- Editing of HM, Venus Miracle Films’ etc documentaries and movies
- Edited movies such as the Black Sunday, Holy Crime, See you in Amsterdam, Who killed Morgan etc.
They have technically assisted at least 25% of all TV programs, documentaries, films and television commercials.
Safo Wear : This is a fashion designing company. They are into designs and sale of clothing and accessories such as shoes, necklace, bracelets etc. They are also known for designing clothes and garments which are functional and aesthetically pleasing for a range of conventional styles.
Great KOSA Football Club : This is a football club founded in 1991. The main aim of the team is training young and talented players and marketing them around the world. They also aim to qualify to enter the Glo premier league in Ghana.
Kristo Asafo Farms: Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka has many farms including farms in Asante Akyem Agogo, Gomoa Domenase, Gomoa Okyereko, Kasoa and in many other farming communities in the country. Several tons of food crops are cultivated every year. While some of the farm produce are distributed freely to the society, others are exported to Europe and beyond.
Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka also rears cattle, sheep, goat, rodents and other livestock on large scale.
There are so many other investments of Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka but the notable ones are those discussed above.
Other Names of Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka
Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo Kantanka is also famously known as the
- Star of Africa
- Technological hope of Africa
- Father of the needy and physically Challenged
- Man of wonders
Some people, especially those within his vicinity, call him father, chief etc due to his passion to promote the welfare of others.
His good works and kind gestures have earned him awards from governments and many institutions throughout the country. These include:
- Liberian Golden Image Award for contribution to humanity and towards peace for the people of Liberia – 2012
- The Order of the Volta (Member Division) in 2007
- The Millennium Excellence Award, Best Philanthropist in the Humanitarian Category in 2006
- He was appointed Member of the National Council for Tertiary Education in 2006
- Associate Member of the Ghana Institute of Engineers in 2004
- The Industrial Pinnacle Award, Winner of Gold in Industrial Development Engineering in 2004
- The Industrial Pinnacle Award, Winner of Platinum Service to Humanity in 2004
- The Industrial Pinnacle Award, Winner of Platinum in the Agriculture and Food Production Category in 2004
- State Honor, Grand Medal (GM) Civil Division for Exemplary Leadership, Technology Ingenuity and Deep Concern for the Deprived in Society in 2000
- Charted Institute of Marketing, Special Award in Marketing Agricultural and Technological Skills through the Youth in 1999
- Honorary Doctor of Law Degree from the University of Ghana in 1999
2. Ghana Broadcasting Corporation, 2007, “weekly Documentary series on Kantanka inventions” via Ghana Television
3. Metro TV Ghana, 2007, “Weekly Documentary series on Kantanka inventions”
8. Agency France Press, “Video: Made in Ghana products by the African legend”, 2014
9.University of Mines and Technology, “UMaT Signs MoU with Kristo Asafo” 2008.
15. Great KOSA Co “Investments” Accessed 2013
16 Great KOSA Co “About Kristo Asafo” Accessed on 2013
17. Africa Redemption Magazine “Monthly Publications on Kantanka Products” Accessed 2013
20. Great Imperial Express, Accra. Accessed on 2013
22. Africa Redemption Magazine, ” June Edition : Mass production of Kantanka Vehicles to commence soon” 16th June 2014
24. Africa Redemption Magazine, “December Edition – Kantanka Air, breezing the winds of freedom”December 2013
25. Africa Redemption Magazine,” Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo, the hero of our time” November 2013
26. Africa Redemption Magazine, “October Edition: Apostle DR Safo’s Fm, the Discerning Voice of African Technology” October 2013
27. Africa Redemption Magazine, “June Edition- Watching Africa’s Future …An exclusive preview of Kantanka TELEVISION sets” 2013
28. Africa Redemption Magazine, “May Edition – Apostle Dr. Safo successfully changing the face of Natural Plant medicine and Boosting Breeding in Animals“, 2013
29. Africa Redemption Magazine, “List of Inventions of Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo”, updated on 2014
30. Africa Redemption Magazine, “Pictures and videos of Kantanka products”, updated on 2014
33. British Broadcasting corporation , “Audio Podcast about Apostle Dr Kwadwo Safo”, 2010.
34. Great KOSA Co “Great KOSA Vision” Accra. Accessed on 2013
35. Newspapers, documentaries, public archives, etc
Get Updates Right in your Inbox