Application Deadline: 28 February 2020.
The internship offers students an opportunity to acquire practical knowledge in sustainable agriculture and land management in a developing country. By living and working in another sociocultural environment, students can also gain valuable intercultural experiences.
Required profile for all internships (Senegal and Bolivia):
The internship holder should:
- be studying at a university or college of applied sciences in a German-speaking country (non-German students can also apply);
- have basic knowledge and/or experience in the management of organised groups (farm production, processing and marketing);
- bring along a notebook (PC) which can be used at work;
- have basic knowledge of (organic) agriculture;
- show interest and empathy for working with small-scale farmers in different sociocultural contexts;
- be a dynamic, open and committed personality;
- bring a high degree of autonomy and self-organisation skills;
good language skills (Spanish for Bolivia; French for Senegal) for
communication at the working level (an interview with Agrecol–Andes /
Agrecol–Afrique will be conducted via Skype as part of the selection
- be not older than 30 years.
The Agrecol Association in Germany covers the travel costs for a round-trip flight between Europe and Bolivia or Senegal.
Agrecol e.V. can arrange up to three internships in 2020 and provide support in the following areas:
e.V. will cover the cost of the outward and return flights (economy
class) between Europe and the host country in which the partner
least one member of the association as well as former interns are
available to prepare and answer questions before and during the overseas
completing the internship, an invitation will be made and the costs for
travel and accommodation will be covered for an Agrecol e.V. meeting
(in Germany or a neighbouring country), where the interns will present
their experiences abroad.
The application, consisting of a convincing letter of motivation in German and Spanish (Bolivia) / French (Senegal), concrete details about the desired period of internship and a curriculum vitae in German and Spanish (Bolivia) / French (Senegal), should be sent by email as one pdf file to [email protected] and [email protected] (Matthias Görgen).
Period of the internship:
The internship should start, after consultation with the host organisation, between June and August 2020 and should last at least six months, but can be extended up to 12 months after agreement.
General application information:
The application, consisting of a convincing letter of motivation in German and Spanish (for Bolivia) or French (for Senegal), concrete details about the desired period of internship and a curriculum vitae in German,
Spanish or French, should be sent by e-mail as one pdf file to [email protected] and [email protected]
For More Information: