The Earthshot Prize is the most ambitious and prestigious of its kind – designed to incentivise change and help to repair our planet over the next ten years.
Taking inspiration from President John F. Kennedy’s Moonshot which united millions of people around an organising goal to put man on the moon and catalysed the development of new technology in the 1960s, The Earthshot Prize is centred around five ‘Earthshots’ – simple but ambitious goals for our planet which, if achieved by 2030, will improve life for us all, for generations to come.
The Five Earthshots
The Earthshot Prize is centred around five ‘Earthshots’ – simple but ambitious goals, underpinned by scientifically agreed targets, which if achieved by 2030 will improve life for us all, for generations to come.
The five Earthshots are:
- Protect and restore nature
- Clean our air
- Revive our oceans
- Build a waste-free world
- Fix our climate
- Five, one million-pound prizes will be awarded each year for the next ten years, providing at least 50 solutions to the world’s greatest environmental problems by 2030.
- The Earthshot Prize is about much more than awarding achievement – it is a decade of action to convene the environmental world with funders, businesses and individuals to maximise impact and take solutions to scale, to celebrate the people and places driving change; and to inspire people all over the world to work together to repair the planet.
- An awards ceremony will take place in different cities across the world each year between 2021 and 2030 to award five winners
- The Earthshot Prize. Five, one million-pound prizes will be awarded each year for the next 10 years, providing at least 50 solutions to the world’s greatest environmental problems by 2030.
- The Earthshot Prize aims to find new solutions that work on every level, have a positive effect on environmental change and improve living standards globally, particularly for communities who are most at risk from climate change.
- Prizes could be awarded to a wide range of individuals, teams or collaborations – scientists, activists, economists, community projects, leaders, governments, banks, businesses, cities, and countries – anyone whose evidence-based solutions makes a substantial contribution to achieving the Earthshots.
- After the awards, each winner will receive a global platform and prestigious profile, with their stories being showcased over the decade with the ambition that their solutions lead to mass adoption, replication and scaling.
- The £1 million in prize money will support environmental and conservation projects that are agreed with the winners.
- Shortlisted nominees will also be given tailored support and opportunities to help scale their work, including being connected with an ecosystem of likeminded individuals and organisations.
The nominators will seek out solutions from across the globe that will help us reach our Earthshots.
Nominations will be screened as part of an independent assessment process run by Deloitte, our implementation partner.
A distinguished panel of experts will support the judging process, making recommendations to The Earth shot Prize Council.
Prince William and The Earthshot Prize Council select our five winners.
- AWARD CEREMONY
The winners of The Earthshot Prize are announced at an awards ceremony, which will take place in different cities across the world each year between 2021 and 2030
For More Information: