AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Paste Plant Shift Supervisor.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Paste Plant Supervisor has the operational accountability of playing integral role in the commissioning of the plant, stabilize its operations as quickly as practical and optimize its operations with improvement initiatives. Achieving this will require human interventions at varying skill levels in conjunction with a degree of automations. The purpose of this role is to offer first line leadership and mentoring to the pastefill plant operating team. This shall entail sound decision making skills, strong sense of judgement, team building, monitoring, controlling, making adjustment where necessary and reporting any deviations from set KPIs and expectations.
- Actively promote and partake in all Health, Safety and Environmental programs as set out by AGAG Obuasi.
- Serve as the coordinator for all paste plant emergencies including safety, health, environment, and security as all such communications are directed at the control room for dissemination.
- Accountable for his or her own safety and the safety of all employees on the mine including his direct reports and contractors.
- Report all safety, health, and environmental incidents, near misses or hazards including property damages.
- Conduct formal meetings with team and report any weaknesses in the environmental procedures.
- Investigate all environmental incidents in assigned work areas and prepare reports with recommendations for the Departmental Manager for onward submission to the Environmental Manager or his representative
- Attend all scheduled and assigned environmental training meetings.
- Assist in developing and periodic review of SOPs related to his or her area of accountability.
- Socialize SOPs and other operational document related to his/her area of responsibility to his direct reports.
- Research into best practices and be updated with new and improved approach to operating goldroom and gravity circuit.
- Capture all training events on learning management systems.
- Assist in implementing the training framework across Business partners such as suppliers and services providers.
- Provide effective leadership to reinforce company’s culture and values
- Be skilled in building constructive relationship with colleague supervisors from affiliated intra and inter departments such as Technical Metallurgical team, SHE, Security, Engineering, Geology and Mining.
- Contribute positively to improvement initiatives on the plant and shall not hold back any of such idea from supervisors and colleagues.
- Constant monitoring, adjustment and controlling of plant KPIs and processes stream to:
- Achieve paste production targets whiles on duty.
- Liaise with the Geotechnical team to ensure the QA/QC of the paste product.
- Adopt Cost control measure to production including all consumables, reagents, PPEs, etc.
- Use of plant mechanical and electrical equipment in a manner that protects and prevents unnecessary damage, breakdown or wear that leads to avoidable downtime or safety concerns.
- Ensure all required sampling are done correctly, signed off and submitted to the lab.
- Recording, reporting and analyzing accurately the needed information on logsheets and logbooks for decision making and signing off on his sectional records.
- Constant assessment and challenging of the status quo to identify and align operations to best industrial standards and practices.
- Maintain discipline and performance management among the members under his span of control.
- Take appropriate actions in case of irregularities, indiscipline, or emergencies in consultation with Plant Shift Superintend and Managers etc.
- Investigate all appropriate equipment related safety and environmental incidents and implement action
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Paste Plant Operations Superintendent and Plant Management
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc/Diploma Metallurgical, Chemical, or Materials and mechanical Engineering with 5 years process plant experience.
- Qualification from an A-level with 5 years process plant control room operation experience could be considered.
- Basic First Aid Certification will be a plus
- Minimum of 5 years working experience on a recognized process plant as an operations supervisor
- Experience with backfilling or hydrafill operations.
- Mobile equipment operating experience will be a plus.
- knowledge/experience with process plant reagents.
- Very experienced in thickener operations.
- MINCOM Certification as a Plant Supervisor
- Good computer skills
- Must be able to understand and appreciate the hazards associated with process plant reagent and gold room activities.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivated/driven to achieve targets and improve the status quo.
- Good leadership skills and must carry along his team to achieve target.
- Good conflict resolution skills
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 19TH NOVEMBER, 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMENT! AGAG does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +233556582933 or 0322296755 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com