ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Tailings Storage Facility Operator
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
The incumbent among other duties will be accountable for welding of HDPE pipes and liners operation submersible sump pumps and provide supervision to tailings deposition as well as diesel operated pumps monitoring
- Conduct pre-start checks of all equipment at the beginning of every shift and ensure to report any defect/deviations to the supervisor
- Implement task work procedure that will ensure environmental compliance
- Ensure effective supervision of tailings deposition in a safe manner
- Carry out operation of submersible sump pumps.
- Carry out coupling and decoupling of HDPE pipes within the area of responsibility
- Carry out drain flow measurements.
- Undertake welding of HDPE pipes and liners
- Conduct daily measurement of pool depth and piezometers
- Implement safe work procedures that will ensure the safe and efficient clearing and desilting of storm water drains and chutes
- Conduct monitoring of diesel operated pumps to ensure conformity
- Minimum qualification of SSCE / WASSCE / GCE ‘O’ Level / NVTI I or II or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in tailings storage facility
- Ability to use HDPE wedge machine and hands on experience on Poly Welding Machine
- Must be able to report all accidents and incidents, in particular “near misses” and to participate in the investigation process.
- Must be strong and energetic and ability to work for long hours with quality of work as a priority.
- Medical fitness for the position as well as the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving License and proficiency in driving light vehicle
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application by clicking on “APPLY” button below before close of business on Friday 26 November 2021. Applicants not contacted within 31 days of applying, should consider their application unsuccessful.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any vacancy advertised by AAIL.
BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!!! AAIL does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +233 277 761 555 Ext 2222 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by calling 0800 400 01 or sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using the internet at www.tip-offs.com