The Transnational Centre for Just Transitions in Energy, Climate and Sustainability- TRAJECTS
opens its Call for Applications for Junior Research Stays 2021.
The Call to support 20 Junior Research Stays (JRS) of young researchers or practitioners from/at partner institutions of the TRAJECTS network in the Global South is now open. Applications close on 27 August 2021.
The Transnational Centre for Just Transitions in Energy, Climate and Sustainability- TRAJECTS is one of the four DAAD-funded Global Climate and Environment Centres. Its aim is to support and strengthen transcontinental exchange, research, and education on transitions towards a sustainable future.
- Scholarship funding: Grantees affiliated to a university as postgraduate students, PhD candidates, or researchers. Undergraduate students are not eligible.
- Allowance funding: Practitioners without direct affiliation to a university. Study degree/qualifications should be appropriate for the position, but no minimum requirement is needed.
- Either the sending institution of the applicant or the host institution must be members of the TRAJECTS network. In special circumstances, and upon approval of the host institution and the Steering Committee, applicants who are not yet part of a TRAJECTS organization could be considered (to be considered on an individual basis). See the call for applications for more details.
Application Deadline: 27 August 2021
• All applicants should complete the application form. In addition, all the application
documents (e.g. CV, motivation letter) should be submitted via email together with all other
additional documents required by the specific placement (e.g. references, writing samples,
etc.) in a single PDF of max. 5 MB to the respective National Contact Point (see below).
• Please note that some of the placements have additional application requirements (e.g.
language certificates, etc.) it is the responsibility of each candidate to monitor and
fulfil the requirements and deadlines for individual placements.
• Candidates can apply to more than one placement if profile and requirements are met but
should indicate their preference clearly in the motivation letter and fill out two separate
application forms for each placement.
• Speculative applications are permitted, but applicants should get in touch with the host
institution first, which will then discuss the placement with the NCP.
• Deadline for applications: 27 August 2021
• Notification of applicants: for rejections by September 3 2021, for acceptance starting in
September 3, and subject to individual placement deadlines and selection process.
• Implementation of Junior Research Stays 2021: Sept – Dec. 2021
• Please note that some of the placements have additional recruitment requirements (e.g.
interviews or technical tests) with additional deadlines, it is the responsibility of each
candidate to monitor and fulfil the requirements and deadlines for individual
For More Information: