MIT Enterprise Forum Arab Startup Competition (ASC) is a yearly competition initiated by the MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab since 2006. This annual competition is designed to empower entrepreneurs and foster an eco-system of innovation and entrepreneurship in the Arab Region. ASC pits entrepreneurs in three different tracks: Ideas, Startups, and Social Entrepreneurship Track. The winning teams are awarded prize money in equity-free funds and benefit from a range of other activities including top tier training, mentorship, coaching, media exposure, and great networking opportunities.
Application Deadline: DECEMBER 15, 2020
- To be eligible to apply to the competition, your idea/startup should consist of at least 2 team members, knowing that team member profiles are crucial criteria in evaluating an application.
- Entrepreneurs from all ages may apply.
An intensive 3-day bootstrapping training program designed specifically for the semifinalist teams of the competition to prepare them for their final pitches. The training is customized for each of the three tracks and covers topics including but not limited to scaling businesses, building business models and value propositions, customer journey mapping, fundraising, and pitching. ASC bootcamps also include the flagship mentorship activity putting the participating entrepreneurs face to face with leading industry experts. Held in a different Arab city every edition, that bootcamps gather over a 100 entrepreneurs and have so far offered top-tier training for a total of 2,400 entrepreneurs.
- The winners of the competition are granted equity-free prize money, hence the MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab does not have any ownership entitlements to the startup.
- MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab will cover the travel expenses for up to 2 members per semifinalist team. The travel expenses covered include flight tickets, accommodation, and transportation from/to the boot camp venue (if needed).
- MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab does not guarantee to help with the Visas.
How to Apply
You must apply through our website https://www.mitarabcompetition.com/
- Create an account or log in if you already have one
- Select the language in which you wish to apply with
- Select the track
- Fill out the application form
- Submit the application before the deadline
Note that you may save your application answers without submitting.
- SEPTEMBER 29, 2020 Applications open for submissions
- DECEMBER 15, 2020 Deadline for submissions
- JANUARY 14, 2021 Semifinalists announcement
- JANUARY – FEBRUARY 2021 Semifinalists Bootcamp
- MARCH 2021 Virtual conference and awards ceremony
For More Information: