The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po aims to support talented African students through their studies and to offer the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education, so they can go on to become change makers in their home countries. The scholarships offered in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation are merit-based scholarships for students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education. These highly selective scholarships are open to candidates applying to our Bachelor’s program, one of our seven graduate schools, or the Sciences Po Summer School.
Application Deadline: November 25, 2020
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po aims to support 126 talented African students through their studies and to offer the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education, so they can go on to become changemakers in their home countries.
The program offers scholarships:
• to complete the Sciences Po Bachelor of Arts programme, Africa specialisation
• to complete a two-year Master’s programme at one of the seven graduate schools
• to attend Sciences Po Summer School
The scholarships cover the full cost of tuition fees at Sciences Po and living costs in France during the study period.
The scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years for the Bachelor’s degree, two years for the Master’s degree and one month for the Summer School. They cover the full cost of tuition fees at Sciences Po and living costs in France during the study period.
As well as funding their studies, Sciences Po will offer scholars a specific suite of resources to ensure they have appropriate academic support and to facilitate their transition from education to employment:
- An orientation programme and individualised academic advising throughout their studies at Sciences Po
- A mentor programme offered in collaboration with the Africa Division of Sciences Po Alumni
- Career guidance and support: an online job platform dedicated to professional opportunities in Africa (internships and first jobs), access to our business incubator and the network of employers and alumni working in Africa, and specific career workshops.
In addition to funding, Scholars benefit from individual academic support throughout their studies.
Prepare to launch your career and train in entrepreneurship
Scholars participate in career workshops and training modules in entrepreneurship focused on the African market.
Return to Africa and contribute to the continent’s development
Undergraduate Scholars complete the civic internship and spend their third year studying in Africa. Graduate Scholars
complete an internship related to African issues.
Join the network of Mastercard Foundation Scholars
Each year, five Scholars take part in a summit organised by the Mastercard Foundation where they get to meet their
counterparts studying at other leading universities in North America, Europe and Africa, and debate the issues facing
Application deadlines for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships for the year 2020-21 are:
- Summer School:
- Apply for the Scholarship before January 31, 2021
- Apply to the Sciences Po Summer School before February 28, 2021
HOW TO APPLY?
Scholarships are awarded in collaboration with a network of partner institutions accepting the terms and conditions of the nomination framework.
More information on the application and selection process:
For More Information: