Deadline: June 30, 2020
Nominations are open for the TWAS-Samira Omar Innovation for Sustainability Prize 2020. This annual award, named after the TWAS Fellow Samira Omar, will recognize scientists from Least Developed Countries (LDCs). The award will honour scientists working in an area relevant to sustainability.
The “Innovation for Sustainability” Prize will reward scientists for their contribution in an area, albeit multidisciplinary, directly relevant to the science of sustainability.
The 2020 award will be awarded to a scientist national of a LDC, living and working in a LDC during the last two years immediately prior to her nomination, based on scientific achievements in any of the thematic areas below:
- Clean and renewable energy
- Green chemistry
- Sustainable agriculture and agrobiodiversity
- Plastic: degradation, pollution and microplastics
Water purification and sanitation
- Climate change: environmental effects, methane contribution, carbon capture
- Transportation technologies: efficiency for smart cities
- Waste management
- Biodiversity: the sixth mass extinction, ecosystem services, habitat recovery and restoration
- Ecological economics and planetary health
The prize carries a cash award of USD4,000 generously provided by Professor Omar.
- Open to female scientists who are nationals of a least developed country (LDC), living and working in a LDC during the last two years immediately prior to her nomination, based on scientific achievements in any of the thematic areas above
- Fellows of TWAS are not eligible
The 2020 nominations can only be submitted electronically through the on-line platform by clicking on the “NEW NOMINATION” button at the bottom of this page.
To resume working on saved nominations, click on the “RESUME” button at the bottom of this page.
Before starting compiling the nomination, PLEASE PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE MAXIMUM CHARACTERS ALLOWED.
A nomination is considered complete only if includes all of the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details;
- Nominee contact details (self nominations are not accepted) and general information on the nominee;
- Authorization from the nominee (i.e. the candidate) to process her personal data for the purposes of her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This authorization can only be submitted through the online platform. The privacy authorization form is available for download in the section ‘nominee’s personal data’. The form must be filled in and signed by the candidate and then uploaded onto the on-line platform;
- Suggested citation (15-20 words highlighting the nominee’s scientific achievements);
- Supporting statement regarding the nominee’s contribution. Supporting statements should explain in detail the work performed by the candidate and its significance in the relevant scientific context. Clear reference should be made to the scientific impact of the nominee’s work. Vague supporting statements will not be considered and will negatively affect the evaluation;
- Clear and detailed account of any time spent abroad by the nominee in the past two years;
- PhD: information on subject area, year and awarding institution;
- Brief information on membership in academies and societies;
- Brief information on awards and honours received;
- List of 10 most significant publications listed in an internationally acceptable format;
- The nominee’s brief CV and her complete list of publications are also to be uploaded, separately, onto the online platform.
- The nominee’s h-index in Google Scholar and the associated number of citations.
For more information, visit TWAS.
Get Your News on Wundef.com
Send us your stories/news and articles to email@example.com or through whatsapp, +233247516850.