With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Graduate Environmental Scientist to join the Environmental Services Group in Johannesburg.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Contribute to environmental studies, environmental assessments and environmental management strategies and plans, including research, report writing, field work, and stakeholder and regulatory consultation;
- Collect and synthesize scientific literature, existing datasets and secondary source material for technical reports;
- Identify potential environmental impacts as a result of land use changes, and recommend suitable mitigation strategies to avoid and/or reduce potential impacts;
- Support permitting and approvals related to the natural environment and the relevant Acts (e.g., National Environmental Management Act, National Water Act, etc.;
- Coordinate and synthesize work from other environmental specialists, such as noise, air, archaeology, built heritage, fisheries, terrestrial ecologists, etc.; and
- Deliver high-quality environmental services to agreed budgets and deadlines.
You bring to the role:
- A Honours Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Botany, Zoology or Geography, or an equivalent qualification in related disciplines;
- Knowledge of the South African environmental legislation;
- Knowledge of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment process;
- Flexibility to travel periodically, and for spending time away in remote locations
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
- Take part in some of our most exciting projects
For More Information: