The Hague Academy is pleased to announce that the application process for the Orange Knowledge and the MENA Scholarship programmes is open! Interested candidates can now apply to attend one of our courses taking place during the spring of 2022. The Scholarship programmes are funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Application Deadline: September 28th, 2021
The Hague Academy specialises in practice-oriented training programmes for professionals involved in inclusive and sustainable development at the local level. The courses combine theory and practice and result in greater awareness, inspiration and result-oriented action plans for participants’ work back home.
For Orange Knowledge Programme Scholarships:
• There is no age limit.
• The candidate must be a national of, and working and living in, one of the following countries on
the OKP country list.
• The candidate must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff
development, for example:
o multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft),
o large national and/or large commercial organisations,
o bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid),
o multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian
Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB),
o international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
• The candidate must have a current Employer Statement according to the prescribed Nuffic Format.
All the requested segments must be completed.
• The Employer Statement must be scanned with the original signature AND stamp of the
organisation, and preferably on official letterhead of the organisation.
• If applicable, the candidate must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the
country in which the employer is established.
• The candidate must have a passport that is valid at least 4 months after the application deadline.
• The candidate must not receive more than one scholarship for courses that take place at the same
• The short courses are taught in English. Therefore, it is important that your English language skills
(writing and speaking) are good. Pleases add you IELTS or other language proficiency scores if this is
• Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience is required, working with of for local or regional
authorities, Civil Society Organisations, Local or Regional NGO’s etc. It is to your advantage if the
work/experience is related to the content of the training.
For MENA Scholarship Programme:
• You must meet the ALL the same requirements as mentioned above for Orange Knowledge
• You must not be over 45 years of age on the application deadline (+ 2 weeks). (this only applies for
MSP Scholarships applications)
• You must be a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the following
MSP country list valid at the time of application;
• The candidate must have a valid passport that is valid on the application deadline (+ 2 weeks).
For More Information: